About Me

Thursday, April 21, 2005

Washington Park

When I presented at Washington Park Senior Center on March 14th during International Brain Awareness Week, there were 40 attendees and the room was packed. Some people could not find space to sit and were disappointed that they could not listen to me. I was invited to present again.

Jodie Schladweiler had a wonderful flyer saying "Back by Popular Demand". Yesterday, I presented again over there and again we had about 40 attendees. This time we were in the Main Hall so there was plenty of room. Again, I got wonderful feedback. It is gratifying to see the response. The message I convey is one of hope with scientific underpinnings.

After the presentation, I chatted with Bob Bowan about his exercise class. He is 80 and my description of him is that he still has a "fire in the belly". He would like to present to his group at the VA. Last time at Washington Park, Rita Clauson (spelling?) invited me to speak at the Wauwatosa Civic Center. Both these presentations are free like the ones at Washington Park.

No comments: