About Me

Monday, April 18, 2005

I forgot. Never mind!

This weekend, I forgot to close the garage door on Saturday night. The door was open all night. When I got out of the car, I was busy carefully taking out my painting and when I went inside I was busy showing off my painting to my wife and my son.

This morning, I wanted to ride the bus in to work and save myself the hassle of the traffic. In my rush to get to the bus stop on time, I forgot my glasses at home!

My wife noted that these things happened. She's a task master on such slip-ups! I feel worse about her comments than about forgetting.

This is the normal scenario. Instead of focusing on why we forgot - in both cases I had good reason to forget - we get caught in the emotion and the defensiveness to the reaction of our family members.

In Thai they have an all purpose phrase, "Mai pen alai", roughly meaning that it is not a problem or "never mind"!

No comments: