About Me

Monday, September 04, 2006

Get rid of the hidden unease

Without realizing it, we tend to be in a state of unease. The unease pervades our lives......

On Saturday, I got a professional massage for the first time in my life. As Catz massaged me, I discovered that there were many regions of tightness in my body. She had to work on so many knots of tension. I was amazed at the difference it made to me. She was deliberate and methodical and discovered all the tension spots in my body.

This got me to thinking about how the unconsciousness of unease that is in the body is also in the mind. Hidden unease in the mind prevents us from focus on the present. In my presentations, I talk about the importance of concentration for creating strong memories. I talk about distractions. Perhaps, I should start emphasizing the important of getting rid of the hidden unease. Hidden unease could happen due to grief or anger and I have alluded to these as sources of distraction. But like during a massage, maybe I need to find a way to release the tension in the mind due to the hidden unease. I think that I am successful at doing this already but not in a conscious kind of way.

No comments: