About Me

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Don''t let your mind run away with you

Concentration is the key to success in everything I do. I do well when I concentrate and I don't do well when I get distracted. It is a simple as that. As long as I stay focused on the task I am comfortable and in the zone. When I let my mind run away with me, I am find myself in some other place and I stumble and fall.

It goes back to the firm place that Jackie talked about during the POLs by the Public Allies yesterday. As long as I am focused on a firm place in mind and centered on the task at hand, I am going to be successful. The firm place in my mind is key to my ability to be strong in tough situations. The firm place or my "good inner voice" helps be in touch with my inner strength and draw upon it when I need it.

My mind runs away with me when I am caught up in a circle of concern and get worried about what others will think about me if I fail. If I proceed fearlessly, I win. If I proceed fearfully, the world smells the fear and takes advantage of it. This is my constant battle. I want to be loving toward the world but in the process of that friendliness I get caught up in a circle of concern. The world would be much friendlier to me if I was in my circle of influence and succeeding in my efforts.

Thank you Jackie for reminding to think about my firm place and my circle of influence. Thank you also for helping me connect meditation with the discovery of my circle of influence. Discovery of my firm place leads to a centering that helps me perform better in the world.

Jackie, Jackie, Jackie!

No comments: